Have I mentioned yet that I'm a Ron Paul supporter? Well, I am. I think he's the only candidate who actually seems honest and doesn't seem to be in anyone's pocket, and-guess what? He thinks we should FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION. What a wacky idea for AMERICANS. I could go on about why I love Dr. Paul, but I won't. That's not the topic here.
The topic is the sham of a debate that CNN held tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there not Republican candidates? Then why did they do their damndest to make it seem like only Romney and McCain are running?
Anderson Cooper not only blatantly ignored Ron (and Huckabee, for that matter) for most of the debate, he even went so far as to interrupt him and rudely cut him off. In a "debate" where Romney and McCain blathered inanely and took schoolgirl bickering to a whole new level for minutes on end, he actually had the audacity to cut Ron off after he spoke for 9 FUCKING SECONDS.
I'm not even joking.
At one point he actually stumbled all over himself trying to shut Ron up, babbling and stuttering about how "We're going to have -- I promise you we're going to have -- you're going to have another opportunity to do that. I promise you, coming up in like two minutes or two questions."
Of course, it was neither 2 questions nor two minutes before they got back to Dr. Paul.
I was livid.
LIVID, I tell you.
It was the most blatant case of censoring somebody that I've ever seen on national tv. It seems they were scared to let the man talk. Of course, when he did talk, he owned the floor and got quite a bit of applause. I particularly liked when he called Romney and McCain "silly" for arguing like old women over technicalities with an issue they both agreed on.
I've repeatedly tried to e-mail a complaint to CNN, but strangely, my e-mail keeps sending it back saying it's "undeliverable". Evidently CNN doesn't care for negative opinions of their debates.
CNN, you suck.
This sickens me. These people can't even hunt these animals normally. They run them down in planes, until they are too exhausted to run anymore, and then they get out and shoot them. Sometimes, they just shoot them from the air, often not even killing them outright, and then leave them there to die a long, slow death. Why? Because they believe that the wolves are killing "their" animals, i.e. deer, elk.
They think they have more of a right to go out and hunt animals with their guns, for sport, then the wolves do to hunt and feed their families.
Fact of the matter is, wolves take out the weak, sick animals, improving the health of the overall species, and insuring plenty of future population growth. It's only humans who go out and hunt the biggest, healthiest animals, to the detriment of the herd. Then they want to bitch and moan about how the wolves are killing so many of them that there aren't any left for them to hunt, when it is they themselves taking out the best of the gene pool, that is causing the decline.
Did I mention wolves are on the endangered species list?
You can thank good ol' George W. for this.
It makes me so mad I could just explode.
Anyway, if you want to help out, go here.
You don't have to donate any money. Just take 5 minutes of your day to sign a petition to help stop this shit.
You know you want to.
2. I love reptiles. Currently I have 2 snakes and 2 lizards.
3. I worked at Petco for 3 years. If you have an animal or pet related question, I'm your gal.
4. I love playing Guitar Hero.
5. I have 4 tattoos.
6. I cried like a bitch when the Croc Hunter died.
7. I have abnormally long toes.
8. I am the world's worst procrastinator.
9. Both of my parents died before I was 16.
10. I LOVE to read. I will read all day and all night, if given the chance.
11. I want to buy a Scottish Claymore. And then scare the hell out of a burglar by running at him with my face painted while screaming "FREEDOM!!!".
12. I have not yet seen a movie adaptation of a book that I am satisfied with. Lord of the Rings came close, but no cigar.
13. I'm addicted to Animal Planet.
14. I am a pretty good artist.
15. I am not really that fond of cats, even though I have 2. I am just a sucker for orphans.
16. When I was little, I lived in Hawaii. My house was across the street from the ocean, and surrounded on three sides by forest.
17. My dad was the president of a biker gang/truck driver/bull rider in the rodeo.
18. I absolutely refuse to sing in front of ANYONE, at ALL, unless I am sloshed. Then I will sing country music for hours.
19. I am unable to drive a stick shift.
20. I love Kevin Smith.
21. My favorite movie is Dragonheart.
22. I have never been in a fistfight. I have come close, but no actually punching occurred.
23. I had a secret crush on one of my co-workers the whole time I was pregnant.
24. I absolutely hate that movie Donnie Darko.
25. I also despise Rap and R&B.
26. I have only been to five concerts.
27. I kinda play guitar.
28. I am god awful at math.
29. One day, I want to visit Ireland.
30. I hate it when people pull the race card when there is no racism involved. Hate, hate, hate it.
31. I cannot take a decent photograph to save my life.
32. I love the show Family Guy.
33. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor.
34. Sometimes I get so bored that I go into chat rooms and pick fights with radicals and zealots.
35. I want an Alaskan Klee Kai. Seriously, Google them. They are so cute I want to scoop my eyes out with a spoon.
36. I am not a religious person.
37. I hate soap operas. Always have.
38. My favorite comedians are Dane Cook, Eddie Izzard, and Robert Williams.
39. I love peanut butter, but not too big on chocolate.
40. I was reading at a college level in fifth grade, but other than that I'm not really abnormally intelligent.
41. I am analytical. VERY analytical.
42. ...the meaning of life? (Kudos if you get it.)
43. When I was little I used to run around pretending to be various animals. I even tied a piece of rope to my belt loop as a "tail".
44. I have always been a bit of an introvert.
45. I always close my eyes the first time I ride a roller coaster.
46. I would like to go sky diving, but would probably chicken out at the last minute.
47. I love horror movies.
48. I hate the beach. The sand gets everywhere, the water is nasty, your hair gets gross from the saltwater...uck. Seriously hate the beach.
49. I can get a sunburn so bad that I can barely walk and still, I will peel and be pale again. This annoys me.
50. I love Kahlua Mudslides and Pina Coladas.
51. I smoke too much.
52. I am a very jealous person sometimes.
53. I hate Sprite, 7up and anything lemon or lime flavored.
54. I was addicted to Popsicles for the last month of my pregnancy. I ate about 20 a day.
55. I have a really hard time naming living creatures. My cats are named Tail and No Tail and I didn't settle on a name for our daughter until a week before her due date.
56. I used to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer religiously. My friend and I were so obsessed we would call each other during commercial breaks to talk about what was happening.
57. I love lists.
58. I have shot 2 guns, a 12 gauge shotgun and a .22 rifle. I am from Texas, after all.
59.I hit the snooze button WAY too many times. Or at least I did, back before I gave birth to a tiny little alarm clock.
60. I have gotten drunk enough to black out once or twice.
61. I don't really like spicy food.
62. I am a sucker for blue eyes.
63. I hate sleeping alone.
64. I do not know how to play poker.
65. I cannot cook for beans. I am learning, though.
66. I hate sports. Or anything remotely athletic.
67. Elevators kinda freak me out.
68. So do escalators. I am always scared it will grab my shoelaces and suck me in.
69. Porcelain dolls and clowns scare me.
70. I swear a lot. Probably too much.
71. I believe in ghosts.
72. I am still a little afraid of the dark.
73. After I saw The Ring for the first time I slept facing my TV for a week.
74. I have never skinny dipped, but I have had sex in a pool.
75. I think porn is kinda boring.
76. My favorite TV show when I was little was M*A*S*H*. I was a weird child.
77. There is one person on this earth that I really, truly HATE.
78. I have been to 5 US states.
79. I got made fun of for my name a lot when I was younger.
80. I am horrible with giving directions. I WILL get you lost.
81. I would rather be deaf than blind.
82. My favorite food is Italian or Chinese, depending on my mood.
83. My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King. I can recite it from memory.
84. I don't get embarrassed very easily.
85. I love country music.
86. I never played with barbies when I was little. I saw the Chucky movies, and that just kinda ruined it for me. Dolls freaked me out after that.
87. I have only been camping at the beach, never the woods.
88. I hate beer.
89. I never got into trouble in High School, but only because I wasn't dumb enough to get caught.
90. I went through a phase when I was about 17 or 18 where I was drunk or high almost every day. After a while I got bored with it and straightened up.
91. I don't really watch much TV.
92. I love kid movies.
93. Caring for a child is way harder than I thought it would be.
94. I have one half sister.
95. I love WalMart.
96. I never got into reality shows.
97. I STILL want to know what the hell was up with the polar bear on Lost.
98. This damn thing took forever.
99. I love my laptop. So much that I should probably name it.
100. Polar bears are cute.
I'm trying. Wee One just takes much more time these days, as she's not a blob that just sleeps and eats anymore. I swear she learns new things every day just to keep me entertained. Today we had a hissing battle, since she's learned how to...um, hiss.
It went like this.
Wee One: Ssssssssssssssssssss.
Me: *hysterical laughter* Ssss-ssss-sssss.
Yes, that is how my days go. Pity me.
I have some very strange fears. As in, WHY the heck would a grown woman be afraid of that, you freak phobias. I firmly believe that they can be blamed upon watching every horror movie ever made at far too young an age. I've seen way too much weird stuff, evidently. You may think that I am an utter lunatic after this post, in fact. So, without further ado:
1. Sometimes, when I'm swimming in a pool by myself, I become suddenly sure that a little door is going to open in the deep end and let out a shark.
I'm not even kidding.
Never mind the fact that there are no chlorine water species of sharks. Never mind where the shark would come from. This has been known to make me panic and swim like a goon for the shallow end, leap out of the pool, and then nonchalantly try to pretend that nothing happened. Kind of like when your cat runs face first into a wall.
If you think that is funny, you should see me at the beach.
2. Sometimes, when I am alone in the house and walking down the hall, I get paranoid that SOMETHING is coming up behind me, really fast. This may be because of my two ghost experiences (A Ha! More madness! I shall post about my ghostly encounters at a later date.) or because I'm just damn crazy.
Whatever causes it, I tend to suddenly take off running for my room, slam the door behind me, and take a flying leap onto my bed, all while laughing fit to bust.
Did I mention I starting laughing like a madwoman when I get scared?
3. I cannot have a mirror in my bedroom. It creeps me out in a big bad way. I am sure that I will sleepily turn over one night, open my eyes, and then see something or someone standing behind me in the damn thing.
Whereupon I will turn over screaming.
Whereupon there will be nothing there, and my craziness will be certified.
Or worse, something WILL be there, and my wee little brain will explode..
Either way, no mirrors in the bedroom for me.
4. I hate looking out of windows at night. I just know one night I will crack the blinds and a crazy axe murderer will be standing RIGHT THERE, and I will have a heart attack.
One would imagine it would be better to KNOW about the axe murderer, but not I. I think ignorance is bliss, as long as said murderer doesn't come bursting through the window.
5. Sometimes, I still get scared of the dark.
Does this really surprise any of you, at this point? Didn't think so.
Someone medicate me, please.
Last night's was a kicker, though. It involved a guy I knew back in High School. We'll call him Mike. Mike was one of those guys you just can't help liking. Funny as hell, cute, gave great massages...and, alas, just a friend. I couldn't help falling for Mike, but I was forever assigned to the Friends category in his mind. I remember curling up with him in one of those big round chairs to watch movies and just sitting there, the whole time, not even paying attention to the movie. Just enjoying being curled up with him. I can still remember how his cologne smelled. It was your classic case of unrequited love, made slightly worse by being just buddies...and the fact that Mike was an incurable flirt, and so regularly got my hopes up, only to start dating some random chic. It wasn't done in a mean way, he never purposely led me on or anything...but it sucked, just the same. Eventually we grew apart and I moved on.
At any rate, I hadn't thought about Mike for a couple of years at least when, lo and behold, look who I run across on Myspace. Would he remember me? Yes indeed. We haven't sparked our friendship back up, but he is on my buddy list. And, evidently, in my subconscious. Last night I had the most bittersweet dream. We were back in high school, and I was mooning around after Mike, just like the old days. But, lo and behold, this time he LIKED ME BACK. We snuggled, we smooched, we...well, anyway, he liked me. THAT way. Do you remember what it felt like, back then, when the guy you were head over heels for actually returned the feelings? The giddiness, the butterflies, the floating on air? The sheer perfect happiness of the moment?
I didn't realize, until I woke up, looked around, and sighed a melancholy sigh, how much I missed that feeling. What I wouldn't give to feel that again. I MISS it. It's got to be one of the best, top ten feelings you'll ever have.
Anyone else remember that feeling, and long for it?
Also, I totally think I still have a thing for Mike.
If you haven't seen this yet, stop now. Spoilers are ahead.
OK, I just have to put my two cents in about this movie.
First of all, let me start out by saying that I liked it. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I think I may have to watch it again, actually.
That said, I did have a couple of issues. First of all, for a creature that’s supposed to have come from the depths of the ocean, it didn’t look very aquatic to me.
I was also kinda disappointed with the “little parasite babies that make you die if they bite you” thing. I feel like that’s been done and was unnecessary. They didn’t look very aquatic either, for that matter.
Also, WTF was with the mysterious shifts in size the thing seemed to go through? It seemed way bigger when it was destroying the city than it did when it chomped poor Hud.
Speaking of when it ate Hud, how the fuck does a 5 story tall monster sneak the fuck up on you?? I mean, Jesus, you’re telling me you wouldn’t see the fucker looming there when he went back to go get the camera? He’s all, Oops, gotta get the cam *friends scream* *looks up* BAM. Ninja monster is standing there. It was all Jurassic Parking its ass all over the city but can be quiet as a fuckin’ mouse suddenly? Whatever. Although, I must admit it was quite the oh shit moment. The monster looked downright evil as hell, despite the inflatable ballsacks on the side of its head, and I was actually squirming in my seat, thinking, “OH fuck, run you bastard, oh god, RUN!”
Of course he didn’t.
They never do.
Another cliche, to me, was when they are watching from the chopper as the army shoots the hell out of it, and then of course they have to go MAKE SURE ITS DEAD, which as everyone knows is the #1 no-no of any monster movie. Just fuckin’ leave, fly away, do you really need to see if it's still twitching? Come on, people. Also, what the hell was with his Amazing Leap of Doom that brought down the chopper? Or did he smack it with his tail?
So far as the camera, it didn’t bother me, though I did find myself bobbling my head around in a vain attempt to see shit, and craning my neck to try to look around corners. I also found myself gesturing wildly with my hands in an attempt to make Hud turn the damn camera around, what was that that just went behind the BUILDING, I want to SEE. But I just take that as the movie doing a damn good job of drawing me into the story.
I also don’t mind not knowing the monster’s whole history, it makes it way more interesting to not know every last detail, although the morbidly curious part of me would like to know more. And I do hope for a sequel. But I’m lame that way.
So far as the look of the thing…pretty good, can’t complain, but it also looked a bit familiar. I guess there’s only so many ways you can do a monster. Still, I was just the teensiest bit disappointed.
I think the whole thing at the end where they say “It’s still alive” is quite the spine tingler. I mean, a monster that can survive a nuke? Good lord. Scary shit. I think there must be some sort of paranormal twist to this thing, what with all the bullets, bombs and whatnot it took, and it’s still wrecking shit? Nice.
Overall, I liked it.
Big bastard, too.
Looked kinda like the swamp thing meets godzilla.
If I see the movie and the damn silly thing looks like it did in my dream, I'll shit. And then sue JJ Abrams, or whatever his name is, because he stole my intellectual property.
Quite a long while. I've been on hiatus from blogging for a few months now. I hardly dare imagine that any of my old readers will discover this new little blog I have. But the old one, well...it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Not floating my boat, as they say.
I decided mommy blogging was just a little bit too limiting for me. I like to rant about random crap, and that crap doesn't always involve my kiddo, wonderful though she is. It also had quite a bit about my ex in there, and as I've since moved on to a different place (both mentally and physically) I didn't want to continue blogging with all that history hanging about the place. Maybe I'm just weird. Who knows.
At any rate, this here little corner of the blogosphere is my new home. Time will tell whether or not I'll post here regularly, or if I've just moved on from blogging entirely. I plan to find out. If anyone wants to read my little ramblings in the meantime, yay. If not, well, that's OK too. Although I must admit I am a comment whore, and having a good slew of comments goes a long way towards encouraging postings from me.